Summers in Hong Kong are definitely stiffening. On top of that, humidity and rain can be pretty good deterrents against any form of activity. But, worry not! There are plenty of things to do and many events to attend this summer. We have compiled a list of 12 things that will keep you busy and will make you forget everything about the scorching heat.
- Go all artsy! Hong Kong definitely has a lot to offer, and the art scene is thriving in many parts of the city. Take some time to visit the many museums and art galleries – make sure that you pay a visit to the Hong Kong Museum of History, Hong Kong Heritage Museum, and Hong Kong Science Museum, Gagosian, White Cube and the Hong Kong Museum of Art. The good news is that access to most museums in Hong Kong is free on Wednesdays!
- Enjoy an evening chill out session on one of the many rooftops – check out Pier 3 Rooftop, Sevva, and Sugar. Sit back, relax, enjoy the breeze, and admire the amazing view!
- Embark on a junk boat – also known as Chinese fishing boat – relax, enjoy a refreshing moment, and admire the views! Tickets start at $600 for a 7 to 8-hour ride. Check out Traway and Castelo Concepts for more information.
- Ride the ferry at night for a memorable experience – you’ll get to enjoy the breeze, admire beautiful sceneries, and be mesmerized by a bevy of lights.
- Go ice skating – escape the scorching heat and cool off at one of the many ice rinks.
- Go off the beaten path – head to Discovery Bay Rock Pool. This hidden natural poolis the perfect place to be for nature lovers.
- Visit Tin Shui Wai’s wetland park and get acquainted With Hong Kong’s amazing natural wildlife.
- Hit the movies and check out the latest releases – there is definitely a multitude of options to choose from this summer! Despicable Me is back with more fun, silliness, and intriguing plots with a threequel for the greatest pleasure of your children! Go back in time with Our Time Will Come by award winning director Ann Hui and learn more about Hong Kong’s history and the Japanese occupation. A must-see if you enjoy interesting plots, adventure, and drama!
- Get tricked! The 3D Trick Eye Museum is a delightful mix of weird and fun. Your kids will love it – and, no doubt you will too! Tickets cost$150 for adults and $100 for kids and senior citizens.
- Experience complete darkness, all while being guided by a blind person. Dialogue in the Dark is a must-try experience! You will be surprised to see how your senses get attuned to total darkness. Tickets cost $160 – $180 for adults and $80 – $90 for senior citizens.
- Visit Disneyland – get ready to meet legendary and supernatural heroes. Your little ones will be all over the moon! The Disney Magical World 4D Museum doors will be opened all summer. Breaking news: this summer, Marvel Super Heroes are all gathering at Disneyland. Tickets cost $655 for adults and $85 for children for a 2-day pass to the park.
- Head to Sha Tin Townhall Auditorium and watch a beautiful performance of one of the most touching literary gems; The Little Prince by the City Contemporary Dance Company. Tickets cost $140-$250. Dates: from August 11 to 13.
Are you planning other activities? Please share them with us letting us a comment below!