World Book Day
Ever wondered whether there was a Book Day? Well the answer is yes! World Book Day is a thing. It is a UNESCO-promoted celebration of books and reading which takes place every year on April 23, in more than 100 countries, including Singapore. Books are a fantastic way to get inspired and empowered. They help us improve as individuals and discover new things about a wide variety of topics and foster mind-openness. Surely, you agree with us if you too are a book lover!
There is no greater gift than inspiration and what better way to share that than through a truly inspirational book. Have you ever read any book and felt deeply wowed? Why not share it with your helper? She may not have had the opportunity of being introduced to books before and might just end up sharing your passion of reading. You might be surprised!
Managing and nurturing the relationship with your helper is crucial. A token of appreciation might just be the appropriate way of cultivating a (newly) forming relationship. Gifting her one of the titles we have selected (or any of your all-time favorites) will show her how much you appreciate the work that she is doing, motivate her to work better and inspire her to love her job even more. A happy helper leads to a happy home!
On this special occasion, we have compiled a list of truly inspirational titles that we invite you to share with your helper:
Books containing joyful, heartening and inspiring daily quotes and messages can be just the right way of saying thank you! You could even set a daily routine with your helper where you would read a quote a day, discuss it together and share your mutual views and perspectives on it:
- You Are Doing a Freaking Great Job: And Other Reminders of Your Awesomeness
- Daily Joy: 365 Days of Inspiration by The National Geographic – where words meet images of the world
- Instant Happy Journal: 365 Days of Inspiration, Gratitude, and Joy Journal by Karen Salmansohn
- Positive Thinking Every Day: An Inspiration for Each Day of the Year by Norman Vincent Peale
- Whatever You Are, Be a Good One by Lisa Congdon
Journaling and coloring books for adults are the new it-thing in the book world. They help motivate creativity and relieve stress through inspirational designs and patterns. We have selected a few that we absolutely love:
- 52 Lists for Happiness: Weekly Journaling Inspiration for Positivity, Balance, and Joy by Moorea Seal
- Creative Coloring Inspirations: Art Activity Pages to Relax and Enjoy! by Valentina Harper
- Joyful Inspiration Adult Coloring Book by Peter Pauper Press
- Inspiration & Encouragement Coloring Book by
These books (and many more that we couldn’t mention here) are available online. You can also visit local bookstores such as Kinokuniya Book Stores Singapore, MPH Bookstores in Raffles City Shopping Centre, Times Bookstores Marina Square or Times Bookstores – Plaza Singapura to get those truly inspiring titles.