Handling the paperwork for your new helper is not always an easy task. Follow these 8 steps and you should be set.
If you thought you were done when you found that great helper, think again. Handling the paperwork can be a confusing process. Don’t waste time by missing a step or not answering that one question. Pay attention to every single part of the process so that you do not make unnecessary mistakes. How? Read, remember and even print these steps, to make the paperwork processing easier. Do it well and your helper will be with you in no time.
Click on the image for a printable version so that you can check off all the steps while at work or at home when you need to see it most.
Want more information on some of the above steps? Use these links.
1. Assess what paperwork is needed.
2. Find an ethical agency.
3. Get the contract attested by the Philippines Consulate (if your helper is Filipino).
4. Apply for the visa with the Hong Kong Immigration Department.
5. The agency will send the helper to training and medical if the helper is in the Philippines. Training is only required to helpers who never work abroad.
6. Prepare for the new helper.
7. Buy the helper insurance.
8. Find out how to manage your helper.
This list is to make the processing of handling your helper paperwork easier because we know it can be daunting. Check each step so that you are not suddenly facing an unhappy surprise. Even if you use an agency be on top of things so that you know what is happening at any point in time.