Shades of red and white are popping up all over the city as National Day festivities are about to begin. Singapore National Day is celebrated on August 9th and is the occasion for many Singaporeans to reflect on our nation’s achievements, the direction our country is taking and what should be done to get there. It is also a great opportunity for all of us to have some much-deserved fun. Read on to get some ideas on how to best celebrate National Day this year!
- Check out festivity rehearsals every weekend up until August 9th – they are real shows in themselves!
- Now is the time to head over to Singapore Zoo, River Safari and Jurong Bird Park with your kids to appreciate a National Day-themed programming and experience unique celebration-related activities.
- Visit the Singapore Expo PlayLAH! Let’s Celebrate! National Day 2017. The Expo features a wide array of activities for children as well as local food sampling – we heard that it’s absolutely worth it! Dates: 4 to 6 August.
- Spend quality time with your family at Life Picnic held at S’pore Discovery Centre for the Families. You’ll get to enjoy lots of celebration-related activities, games, and workshops. The event is free but registration is required. Date: August 5th.
- History lovers and foodies will enjoy heading over to Sentosa’s Heritage Carnival 2017 – So Singapore to find out more about the pre-war period (expect to meet pre-war costumed characters!) and enjoy the succulent local food.
- Check out the Orchid Extravaganza & Garden Rhapsody, Singapore Edition to learn more about Singapore’s history and metamorphosis into the grand nation it is today. Don’t miss the special National Day 2017 edition of the Garden Rhapsody light show at Supertree Grove – you have till August 20th!
- At sundown, take a stroll over to Merlion Plaza to watch a special National Day 2017 edition of the absolutely dazzling Merlion Magic Lights! Show and enjoy exceptional performances every Saturday until August 26th.
- Head to Marina Bay Floating Platform where this year’s National Day Parade will be held on August 9th. Expect to see the largest military tattoo performance ever – featuring bagpipers, pipes, and drums – for the first time in National Day Parade’s history! Multi-cultural song-and-dance performances are also part of the agenda – among countless other things.
- Head to Singapore Flyer to admire spectacular views of the city (especially by night!) and catch National Day fireworks at 165 metres above ground – a truly amazing experience!
Don’t hesitate to share with us more ideas to celebrate Singapore National Day. Drop us a line by commenting on the article below.